THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED – LAST DATE FOR ENTRIES WAS JANUARY 29, 2016.
*** OUTRIGHT WINNER AFTER ROUND 6: PEADAR HENEGHAN ***
Here are the standings and next round of predictions as at:
- Saturday January 30, 2016 (135 entrants at outset)
- Sunday January 31, 2016 (124 entrants still standing after Round 1)
- Sunday February 7, 2016 (21 entrants still standing after Round 2)
- Sunday February 28, 2016 (12 entrants still standing after Round 3)
- Sunday March 6, 2016 (10 entrants still standing after Round 4)
- Sunday March 13, 2016 (6 entrants still standing after Round 5)
- Sunday March 27, 2016 (1 entrant still standing after Round 6) *** WINNER
Last Man Standing Rules
1. This competition is based on Division 1 and Division 2 of the GAA Allianz National Football Leagues 2016.
2. You must select one team to win in each round of the League. If your selected team wins, you progress to the next round. If your selected team loses or draws, you are eliminated and cannot re-enter. Of the seven teams that you select to win across the seven rounds, at least two must be from Division 1 and at least two must be from Division 2.
3. Once you pick a team, you cannot pick that team again in a later round.
4. The “Last Man Standing” shall be the last entrant remaining when all others have been eliminated.
5. If there is more than one entrant still standing at the end of Round 7, the competition will be extended to include the knock-out rounds. For the knock-out rounds, it is allowable to select a team that has been previously selected.
6. If the last standing entrants are all eliminated together in the same round or are still standing at the conclusion of the knock-out rounds, the prize money will go to the entrant whose selected winners have the highest cumulative winning margin. If two or more entrants have equal winning margins, the prize will be divided equally amongst them.
7. All entries and payment must be received before 10pm on Friday January 29, 2016.
8. The prize fund will be €200.
9. Entrants must be over 18 years of age. There is no limit to the number of times a person may enter the competition.
10. In the event that a game is postponed or abandoned and played at a later date, it shall be reckoned in the round of fixtures for which it was originally scheduled. Such results will be noted as “pending”. Entrants will be allowed to provisionally continue to later rounds but may be retrospectively eliminated when the results of the postponed or abandoned game becomes known.
11. If a team wins a game but the game is subsequently awarded to the opposing team, the team to which the game is awarded shall be deemed the rightful winner. If a game is deemed null and void by the GAA and not subsequently replayed, both teams shall be considered losers.
12. The competition is being administered by the Finance Committee of CLG Thuar Mhic Éadaigh whose decision on all matters is final.
13. Entries which do not fully abide by the rules of the competition will be deemed invalid with no refund.
14. CLG Thuar Mhic Éadaigh reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, in which case all entrants will be refunded.