Start of competition: 197 entrants
Still standing after Round 1: 105 entrants
Still standing after Round 2: 38 entrants (see full list here)
Still standing after Round 3: 30 entrants (see full list here)
Still standing after Round 4: 22 entrants (see full list here)
Still standing after Round 5: 3 entrants (see full list here)
Last Man Standing Rules
1. This competition is based on Division 1 and Division 2 of the GAA Allianz National Football Leagues 2017.
2. You must select one team to win in each round of the League. If your selected team wins, you progress to the next round. If your selected team loses or draws, you are eliminated and cannot re-enter. Of the seven teams that you select to win across the seven rounds, at least two must be from Division 1 and at least two must be from Division 2.
3. Once you pick a team, you cannot pick that team again in a later round.
4. The “Last Man Standing” shall be the last entrant remaining when all others have been eliminated.
5. If the last standing entrants are all eliminated together in the same round or are still standing at the end, the prize money will be divided equally amongst them. If more than one entrant is still standing by the league final, the most accurate prediction of the score in the final will be used to determine the winner.
6. All entries and payment must be received before 10pm on Friday February 3, 2017.
7. The prize fund will be €200.
8. Entrants must be over 18 years of age. There is no limit to the number of times a person may enter the competition.
9. In the event that a game is postponed or abandoned and played at a later date, it shall be reckoned in the round of fixtures for which it was originally scheduled. Such results will be noted as “pending”. Entrants will be allowed to provisionally continue to later rounds but may be retrospectively eliminated when the results of the postponed or abandoned game becomes known.
10. If a team wins a game but the game is subsequently awarded to the opposing team, the team to which the game is awarded shall be deemed the rightful winner. If a game is deemed null and void by the GAA and not subsequently replayed, both teams shall be considered losers.
11. The competition is being administered by the Finance Committee of CLG Thuar Mhic Éadaigh whose decision on all matters is final.
12. Entries which do not fully abide by the rules of the competition will be deemed invalid with no refund.
13. CLG Thuar Mhic Éadaigh reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, in which case all entrants will be refunded.